I am a
- Dreamer of big things
- Wife, mom of 2 boys, daughter, sister, friend
- Former special education and reading teacher
- Lover of books, learning, children, and nature
- Recovering perfectionist and workaholic
Years ago, on a painful path towards a fibromyalgia diagnosis, my chiropractor (a new concept to me) asked me if I had ever tried yoga. I am guessing my anxiety, tightness everywhere and problems led him to believe it would be helpful. I told him that it was too boring for me. I thought it was too slow, my mind wandered too much, and it wasn’t for me.
Fast forward about 7 years, and yoga has completely changed my life. I am happier, less anxious, more present and building strength and flexibility. Wow! I am not kidding. Yoga is like therapy, time for myself, and taking care of my body and mind all in one.
- Yoga is nothing like I thought it was. In fact, there are many different kinds of yoga, and I found the kinds I like.
- Those excuses I gave my chiropractor, were all of more reasons I needed yoga in my life.
- Self care is crucial to finding joy in life. Yoga is amazing self care for men and women.
- I can do things in yoga I never thought I would be able to do.
- I am much happier after I get my yoga on. In fact, my husband fully supports my yoga so I can be more present and joyful each day.
Certifications and Trainings
- 230 Hour YTT through The Yoga Center of Minneapolis
- Cosmic Kids Yoga Training
- Mindfulness Fundamentals Training from Mindful Schools
- Aerial Hammock Certification with Xpert Pole & Aerial Fitness
Communities Served: Bloomer, New Auburn, Chetek, Cornell, Colfax, Chippewa Falls